OF LATE

There’ve been quite a few lovely food adventures over recent months, and very few of those have made it here. Let’s remedy that.

Tartine Afterhours

Tartine Afterhours

Tartine Afterhours, a monthly dinner by the talented and inspiring Samin Nosrat

My friend Anna, the lady behind SirenSeaSA, took me and our buddy James on a tour of the fishery where she works.

Hop Kiln Winery

Then she took us to Hop Kiln Winery, where we got a tour in a pickup truck and were spoiled with oysters and wine.

My friend Dafna, the hardworking lady behind INNAJam, let me tag along with her on a visit to an apricot orchard in Gilroy, the source for her Blenheim Apricot Jam. Then I got to peek behind the scenes where the jam is made in Berkeley. She puts a great deal of effort into sourcing top quality fruit for her jams, and she develops a direct relationship with the farmers in so doing, and that is about as good as it gets. I have an incredible amount of respect for the time and care that she invests in her growing enterprise.

Mike@The Culinary Lens - August 14, 2011 - 1:50 pm

I love food travelogues and this is no exception. Who would have thought salmon scraps could be so photogenic.

Turid - August 14, 2011 - 1:56 pm

Stunning photography! Very edible indeed.

renee@sweetsugarbean - August 14, 2011 - 3:45 pm

Looks like you’ve been having awesome culinary adventures! Gorgeous photos, and I want some of that jam!!

tara - August 14, 2011 - 3:49 pm

now that’s what summer looks like. thanks so much for sharing.

Brian @ A Thought For Food - August 14, 2011 - 5:26 pm

Thank you for sharing these wonderful foodie outings with us :-)

Lynda - August 14, 2011 - 5:38 pm

Your photos are stunning! Sounds like you are having quite the adventures, indeed!

james - August 14, 2011 - 5:52 pm

Beautiful, Kimberley. (Color me jealous about Tartine After Hours and the adventure with Dafna!)

la domestique - August 14, 2011 - 8:31 pm

Your pictures are so vibrant! Thanks for sharing your adventures, looks like so much fun.

Kimberley - August 15, 2011 - 8:36 am

@Mike, totally agree re: photogenic salmon scraps!
@james: You should come up for a Tartine Afterhours. They’re monthly. But midweek.
And thanks, all! Kinda nice to change up the pace a bit. :)

NicoleD - August 15, 2011 - 12:07 pm

Thanks for sharing your adventures! You have some really, really cool friends :)

Christine Schantz - August 15, 2011 - 1:10 pm

Beautiful! Thank you, Kimberley!

Elizabeth @ Saffron Lane - August 15, 2011 - 1:52 pm

I’m with @Mike — never thought salmon carcass could look so appealing…until now. Lovely photos, per usual!

Heather @opgastronomia - August 15, 2011 - 10:25 pm

Now I’m the one with fishery, winery, orchard envy. I can barely handle the thought of Tartine Afterhours…. Looking oh so longingly towards your coast tonight.

kankana - August 16, 2011 - 2:01 pm

I just don’t want the summer to go away .. it’s flying by so fast! Lovely photos!

Season with Reason - August 20, 2011 - 12:16 pm

One day you must promise to come to New York and give me a photography lesson. I’ll pay in food, wine or your preferred currency.

[...] If you’d like to see some front of house images, you can take a gander at a few from a dinner I attended last year. This time around, I hid out in the kitchen most of the evening. It was SO FUN. And inspiring. [...]