THE FRIDAY LIST

IMG_2962

Hello, Friday! It’s been grey and rainy all week, which I actually love – especially given our particularly mild and dry non-winter. And rainy days are also especially great for cozying up with some quality stuff on the internet. Have at it, friends. And have a good weekend, too.

1. Honesty in food photography.

2. A Visual Anthropology of the World’s Last Living Nomads.

3. Love these fun reusable grocery bags.

4. The Story of Sushi, a sweet video that addresses the issue of sustainable fishing.

5. Pantone Tarts. What an inspired, clever way to look at color and food.

6. The latest Sweet Paul Magazine!

7. Edamame and Toasted Coconut in Avocado, yes please.

8. Bi-Rite’s 2012 Food Waste Challenge! Do it.

9. A different kind of color study. Can’t get enough of this stuff.

10. Darya Pino’s smart response to the study released this week on the health dangers of too much red meat.

And last but not least, a little treat for my San Francisco readers. Y’all know I wouldn’t do this if I didn’t totally support it, because I’m not one to push products or deals here. But the kind and gracious folks at Rewinery are offering a deal for $10 off their already amazing wine delivery service. You place an order, they deliver 3 bottles of wine to your house – like, pronto – and that runs $40. Enter the code THEYEARINFOOD to get it for $30; special ends April 1st. Do it!

Ashley - March 16, 2012 - 12:58 pm

I am obsessed with all things pantone and loved those tarts! The “honesty” post was FABulous. Thanks for passing along! New to your blog and loving it.

Brianne - March 16, 2012 - 12:58 pm

I love the color study photos! I am very drawn to photos of neatly organized objects, and those are monochromatic to boot. The honesty in food photography post has given me much to think about. Thank you for the lovely links. Happy Friday!

Sharyn Dimmick - March 16, 2012 - 2:30 pm

Nice reading list! I read more than half of them.

sarah - March 18, 2012 - 12:09 pm

I am really liking your lists! I’m so behind on reading all my favorite blogs, so I have been going through your list posts this morning/afternoon. :) So much good stuff! And I love that picture of eggs below – gorgeous.

Brian @ A Thought For Food - March 18, 2012 - 6:14 pm

I just read the “Honesty” post… thank you for sharing that with all of us. I plan on passing it around.

Erin - March 20, 2012 - 12:17 pm

I just wanted to thank you for sharing this issue of the magazine Sweet Paul. It gave me some sweet and much needed inspiration this morning which I needed. I couldn’t keep myself from turning the pages and looking at all those delicious spring recipes. I kept dreaming of making so many of them myself. THANK YOU!

Coconut Wire - April 3, 2012 - 5:23 pm

These carrots are so beautifully photographed! In the Virgin Islands, we aren’t as fortunate to get fresh foods like certain stories in the States. However, we are able to purchase locally grown greens from Josephine in Coral Bay, St. John. I have a blog called the Coconut Wire. You can check out the article about our mostly organic options in the VI.

[...] P.S. If you’re in the mood for a little internet browsing, Heidi’s recent favorites list is a perfect starting point, as is Kimberley’s.  [...]