It’s been a long time since I’ve posted one of these. Here are some of the things inspiring me lately.
1. Build pockets of stillness into your life. Maria Popova’s 7 Things I Learned in 7 Years of Brain Pickings.
2. “Photography has the power to undo your assumptions about the world.” National Geographic Photographers on their trade. Truly awe-some.
3. This gorgeous video about Jack English, a 93-year-old fella living in a cabin 5 miles from the nearest road in the Ventana Wilderness in Big Sur. This guy rules. I want to bring him cookies.
4. Microwave Ovens: What Do We Really Know? I’m a closet microwave user. I feel like they’re scorned the way TV is among many of my peers. Apparently, there’s no conclusive evidence that they’re truly harmful. The article makes the great point, though, that what they do take away is the sensory and spiritual connection that we have when we prepare our food with our own hands. Truth.
5. Completely hilarious. Cristina Vanko writes out all of her text messages by hand for one week. We live in the weirdest of times.
7. I’ll leave you with another great list: Samin Nosrat’s.
Happy weekend, all. And Happy Fall! I love this time of year.
by Kimberley Hasselbrink